Understanding Housework Issues
When we decide we want to improve our relationship we’ll begin by identifying the areas of our relationship that are not working well or the issues that seem to cause trouble between us and our partner, potentially leading to relationship issues.
Exploring these areas and issues - what’s going on in our relationship - is the first stage in the helping process.
But if we want things to change we need to move to the next stage of the process - to get a clearer understanding of what’s really going on.
At One Plus One we have over 30 years experience of studying couple and family relationships - finding out from ordinary men and women why relationships matter to them, how their relationships work, why they sometimes go wrong, and how they coped when they did.
In starting to explore aspects of your relationship development, you have checked out the issue of housework.
Who does what housework – or more likely who doesn’t – features a lot in couple arguments. The reality of daily living – keeping a job, shopping, cooking, cleaning and looking after the children takes its toll on relationships.
Through our work at One Plus One we have created - the relationship insights. These will help you to understand relationships and identify why why the issue of housework is concerning you at this time and how you might improve things. They will help you to understand:
- How you can help yourself – what’s involved - the helping process
- How the protective factors make your relationship work and what they are - the sliding scale of happiness
- How relationships develop over time, the stages they go through and how to spot vulnerable times – changes and stages of relationships
- How the hidden issues in our relationship are the key to understanding what’s really going on – hidden issues
- How to find the balance between “me”, “you” and “us”, the secret of the happy compromise – journey to shared goals
- How to anticipate the not-so-good times and keep connected as a couple – the roller coaster of change
- How your feelings, thoughts and behaviour are linked; by changing the way we think about our partner and our relationship, we can change how we feel and how we behave – circle of thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- How for fathers especially, a lack of satisfaction with their relationship affects their involvement with their children – vicious cycle